Monday 3 January 2011

OCA continued

It seems that my blog has become a hit :) I should update it regularly :)
After yesterday’s conversation with OCA administration, I have the feeling that they cannot understand why I fuss so much. When I mentioned the word “reputation” (among a lot of other things) they did not seem to understand the meaning. Maybe because nobody in OCA has a reputation?
I will explain to people who do not know what it is:
rep·u·ta·tion
// http://img.tfd.com/m/sound.swf 1. The general estimation in which a person is held by the public
2. The state or situation of being held in high esteem.
3. A specific characteristic or trait ascribed to a person or thing: a reputation for courtesy.

[Middle English reputacioun, from Latin reputti, reputtin-, a reckoning, from reputtus, past participle of reputre, to reckon, think over; see repute.]
I cannot understand how people can be so low. I forgot to mention one little thing, I was blocked from the students’ forum before I was informed that I was thrown out of the “university”, how about freedom of speech? A right of defense? The list of breaches of any rights could go on and on just in order to look after a lazy tutor. I have not counted all of the other mistakes made by “reputable” tutors. It seems that they think they are not under British or moral laws anymore and they can cover up anything they like. Maybe you have power in your little college or university (God knows what it is – please tell me) world, but, as British citizen, I hope we all have same rights. Also, the OCA guidelines were breached in my case, but, I cannot say if I was just unlucky (I’m only a little foreign housewife and carer – my husband is disabled).
Well done to the students who found my exhibitions; I wiped all the information I could from the internet before I went to OCA, because I wanted to start from fresh page, but obviously I cannot wipe information that other people say about me on TV, internet and newspapers.
Actually, I think that I am the only one who does tell the truth all of the time and, before I write, I check each word; can the OCA say it about themselves?
I think it is advisable for students not to look at who I am, but to look at the structure of the OCA and find out more about tutors (qualifications, skill levels, which universities they attended) and how many students actually graduated from this ART college with a degree and the circumstances that surrounded the graduations, etc.
I have decided to change my career a little bit; I have decided become an art critic (I am happy to take the standard old abuse about critics, but, remember, postmodernism and all the lazy little tricks of modern “artists”, are based on works by critics, not artists). So after just about three years or so in a proper university, my dear tutors, your nightmare will never end ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment