Monday 3 January 2011

2 december

It’s cold here, there’s some snow on the mountains.  Poor England is covered with snow completely.
I did a few sketches yesterday and I found out an interesting thing.  When I started the course and started drawing with pencils, I wanted to get each detail of an object and put on paper, but now, when I started draw from nature, I like to put the main details  of objects  in the drawing; too many details in a drawing and it will not look natural or fresh anymore.
I attacked charcoal again.  It is funny that when I draw in charcoal in a big skale it comes out fine, but on a small sheet of paper, it is looks too dark and heavy; although chalk together with charcoal works fine for me – very interesting where I missed the point
So i did a poor tired banana as pale as possible, but I am still not happy with the results
Tried to draw a sketch in the style of Vrubel. wow what an effect
It looks as though a light sketch of a flower and  dark cross hatching in different directions behind brings the flower to you and makes it more tender.  By the way, with this technique you can hide poor sketching of the main obeject.
I did a Japanese iris from the garden – nature for a second year has gone crazy – everything flowering at the wrong time.
Just for interest I did a sketch from his paintng of a demon – got very interesting thoughts but  I should do it in oil to understand how it works.

I went on the student forum and it is upset me again.  I try to avoid speaking about my tutor, but I have to admit that I actually do not have a tutor; all the other people have proper tutors and get help and I get a limited email and no help at all.
I looked yesterday at the artist Aubrey Phillips’ pastel drawings.  What an artist, I wish he was my tutor or at least I had enough money to attend his courses.  I have never seen such movement in pastels in any art work.  I will try to find his books and tutirials.  So I am ashamed now I hated pastel. What a bad person I was;o)
As it is very cold today, I comforted myself with ink drawing (it is very relaxing), I will prepare myself to draw in differnt coloured of inks tomorrow if snow doesn’t fall on our town.
I have other work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment