Monday 3 January 2011

Assignment

I tried to do the assignment. The first drawing I started to do received very strong criticism from my husband; he said I tried to do too clever stuff for my first assignment, so this drawing I left unfinished.
05-11-2010 15;43;47

I decided “Ok, I will do the simplest forms such as fruits and vegetables”. I went to the shop, bought a few of them, made an arrangement and started draw. No challenge there. There was only one problem: I did the drawing for more than 2 hours and it looked as it is very far from finished, so there is no way I could actually finish the drawing within 2 hours. I had no problems with shape or composition or really anything, problem only with time. The nice thing about drawing fruit is that I ate all of them.

So again, I left the subject untouched and then I decided I should do a simple object with a complicated texture, something such as eggs or glass.
So a very challenging subject because I have not got enough technique or practice to do so, but why not try.
Where is my tutor ,please help!!!!
I am covered in drawings of broken eggs, but cannot make it. Eggs, eggs, eggs everywhere but nothing has come yet that makes me even a little bit happy. Again, not a problem with the idea or composition…… not enough technique do what I want to do. Cannot get rid of lines: visible lines everywhere in the drawing, but such lines do not exist in reality. Cannot get the texture of the egg on this paper, the paper is too smooth for it.
I have not got time or money to order different paper for drawing to make the texture right, so I will try make it on what I have. Do not know how, but will try.
Another confusion is about A2 paper: it looks as though it does not exist in France, so I bought the wrong size of paper, but I can live with it.
All this week I was busy reading books about art and watching some art programs on TV and DVD.
I try to avoid teachers who cannot draw well themselves – a lot of them on the internet, because I very fast pick up mistakes that they do in drawings, so first I learned theory or colour, perspective, shading properly. Maybe it is boring stuff for many people but I found it very important because you cannot run without actually learning to stand up and walk. Other teachers draw well but cannot teach, it is still interesting to watch them, but the best effect is when you turn off the sound which makes learning more effective. Good artist is not always the best teacher.
But I would like to say that when you know the basics, it is very easy avoid a lot of mistakes and disappointments.
Especially I would like to thank Carol Rosinsk. I learned a lot from her book and her site on internet. She is a wonderful teacher and I can recommend her to anyone. She makes drawing in pencil look very easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment