Monday 3 January 2011

22 november

I just spent the day doing drawings using different techniques. Some drawings come Ok, some not so good.
Ideas about stippling.
An image made up of many points grouped semi-randomly to simulate shading, texture.
Stipple Drawings
– Can be very powerful and convey lots of geometric and texture information
– Are common in Archeology texts, Dictionaries, and even newspapers (e.g. WSJ)
– Typically takes many hours or even days using several tens of thousands of dots
Detail through:
– Varying dot spacing
– Varying dot size
– Varying dot shape(rare)
– Inverse stippling (White dots against black background)
Conclusion
-It is not my favorite technique
–Hard to relax
– Large dots can produce nice images.

- Can produce a very accurate image with any texture
I drew a spring onion using defferent techniques: one in cross hatching and another blending colours one in another.
Mistakes made. Next time I will get sand paper to make pencils more sharp for cross hatching

Done two cups on fabric.
Mistakes made. Next time I will count exactly how many strips there are on the fabric, do not rely one’s eyes. Missed one stripe

Too tired to look at my drawings with constructive criticism. I will spend the day tomorrow doing nothing, or maybe one drawing from what I see. I will not study anything. I am, at this moment, as cooking pot: everything mixed together for make dinner, but nothing come yet, need time and work added to it.
I have put onions to grow for drawing. I think that all students should grow there own: it’s very unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment