Monday 3 January 2011

2 september Grid

Today finally Persephone gone to school, first time in new school. I hope she will like it, she is determined and she likes to make new friends. But it means I have more time for my studies.
Yesterday I was very angry with pencils and myself and when everyone went to sleep, I decided to try and learn some skills for using pencils. I feel as though pencils bully me and bring a challenge. But after one hour’s work, then another hour, I did not get better feelings about them, I just need to use techniques and learn how to hold a pen and we are there.
Today I tried to do more shapes, shades and flowers. Shading is methodical work and very tiring, but, I believe, I am going the right way – or maybe not. If Oca tell me I am not a good artist, at least I will become good draftsman and it will bring on my table for sure at least some bread.
I drew all day with breaks for tea. It is a very tiring mental job, I did not have any strength to do my blog today, just a few words for update.
Grid  
This article discusses the process of using a grid to establish accurate proportions in a drawing. Working with a grid can be time consuming and tedious. However, having a proportionately correct outline of your drawing subject is well worth the effort! As a matter of fact, many of the greatest masters of the Renaissance used a grid method to help them create accurate drawings and paintings.

http://www.drawspace.com/lessons/j07/the-process-of-working-with-a-grid-by-cindy-wider
Did my own grid.

Simple grid

No comments:

Post a Comment